European-Arab Chamber of Commerce is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the right to privacy of our members and all site visitors seriously, and we will only use any personal data collected and/or submitted to us during your use of this website in accordance with current EU data protection legislation and this policy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) explains how any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following points carefully to be sure you understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)(The Act), the data controller is European-Arab Chamber of Commerce.
Information that we may collect from you
The information that we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details that you submit such as your name, address, email address and other information.
- Data that allows us to remember you, any interest that you have recorded and how you use this website. This saves you from re-keying information when you return to this website and allows us to arrange the website content to match your preferred interests. We use “cookies” to collect this data. Cookies are text-only strings of information that are stored on your web browser or hard disk. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser. However, you may not be able to use all the facilities of this website if cookies are disabled.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in this website.
- Details of your visits to this website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What we do with the information we collect?
We will use information you supply and/or we collect through this website to:
- build our relationship with our members;
- attract new members;
- tell you about goods and/or services which we provide, or which third parties provide, which we feel may be of interest to you;
- canvas your views through surveys in relation to the services we offer, although you do not have to respond to them;
- keep our membership records up to date.
We may pass the information you supply and/or we collect through this website to third parties who provide goods and/or services which may be of interest to you.
Your information may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory rules/codes/laws. It may also be used for research and statistical purposes. It may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area, for any of these purposes and for system administration. Where this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without your prior consent:
in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets: in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of said business or assets;
if we or substantially all of our individual assets are acquired by a third party: in which case personal data held by us about our members will be one of the transferred assets;
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
As an associate member in any of the levels of membership, you will have the following rights:
- The right to exercise advisory vote in the General Assembly.
- The right to receive information about the activities of the Chamber and its Management Board.
- The right to be elected in the Managing Bodies of the Chamber.
- The right to propose and participate in initiatives in support of the goals of the Chamber.
- The right to use the official logo of the Chamber within the limitations set by the General Assembly of the EACC.
- The right to apply to the General Assembly of the EACC for change of status of membership.
You have the right to ask us not to process or use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.